My name is Darren, and I am the new School Chaplain in 2020 at Butler Primary School. I will be in the school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
I am employed by YouthCARE and working in alignment with the core values which underpin the organisation: Respect, Compassion and Service.
YouthCARE believes school communities matter, and by focusing on the wellbeing of students, parents and school staff, we’re making a real difference to educational outcomes.
As the School Chaplain I:
- provide pastoral care to the staff, students and families in our school community
- provide one-on-one pastoral support for students
- link our school with local communities, support agencies and organisations
- play an active role in assisting and supporting school events
- facilitate pastoral support programs and resources e.g. “Seasons for Growth”, “BRAVE Program”, “Shine”, EdConnect mentors/volunteers
- support, mentor, encourage and empower the school community
Working alongside the members of our school community and supporting our staff, students and families is both an honour and a privilege.